The inherent stability of this system when subjected to mechanical or thermal shock makes it the ideal transfer standard for capacitance.
The built-in precision temperature controllers make it a simple, reliable system to use. These are the only standards currently sold that are sufficiently accurate to calibrate the AH 2500A capacitance bridge to the limits of its specifications.
- Any capacitance value in the range from 0.1pF to 115pF may be ordered.
- Stability of larger capacitors is better than 0.3ppm / year.
- Temperature coefficient of the capacitance with respect to change in ambient temperature is less than 0.01ppm / °C.
- Hysteresis resulting from temperature cycling is less than 0.05ppm.
- Hysteresis resulting from mechanical shock is less than 0.05ppm.
- AC voltage coefficient is less than 0.003ppm / volt.
- DC voltage coefficient is less than 0.0001ppm / volt.
- Power line sensitivity is less than 0.0003ppm per 1% change in power line voltage.
- Dissipation factor is less than 0.000 003 tan delta.
- Three year warranty
- The user-selected capacitance value is set at the factory to a NIST traceable accuracy of 2ppm at 1kHz.
- The built-in precision oven in each AH 11A uses a dual temperature sensor system which provides increased reliability and confidence.
- The AH 1100 frame provides monitoring of critical temperature control parameters such as the differences within the dual temperature sensors in each standard.
- Each AH 11A standard can be easily removed from the AH 1100 frame. Their small size and light weight make them easy to ship for calibration.
- Shipping is simple since continuous temperature control of the ovens is not needed to maintain the stability specification.
- The fused-silica element is hermetically sealed in dry nitrogen.
- Three-terminal BNC connections minimize connector costs and number of cables.